MY VINTAGE MANNEQUIN LAMP STAND ( ART AND CRAFT) BY MIABO ENYADIKE

by - March 08, 2015

I Love different light designs, for me it completes an interior. Beautiful light fittings, say a lot about the design aesthetics of a room and creates,a certain type of drama and ambiance in that room.



 When I bought, a metal mannequin for my studio, a lamp stand was the furthest thing in my mind. I used it solely to hang knitted bags and clothes.





Early this year, I decided to embark on creating a reading space with only things I love. Then, it occurred to me I could turn the mannequin into a lamp stand. 




This inspiration, came from a show I had previously attended, that exhibited vintage stuff.





 I could not source the right vintage fabric for my light project, I decided to use magazine pages, with vintage pictures and prints.




 The paper was cut out and glued to the metal surface of the mannequin and the light installed.





I placed it in my reading corner and the rest is history...ENJOY


CHECK MORE ART AND CRAFT IDEAS@
www.artmiabo.com

                  MIABO 

You May Also Like

0 comments