RE- WRITING THE TIMES BY MIABO ENYADIKE

by - October 21, 2013



These days, all I read in the news papers on a daily basis, can be summed up into three parts; Finance, then horrific stories of mans inhumanity against man, or lifestyle.




THE MISSING CHILDREN.


This informs my decision, on many aspects of our lives, in this world that we live in.It then goes, on to determine what we think and how we live.I have  read the same news paper brand for years, and that particular brand of news paper, is what I read everyday and at the end of reading it, I am filled with mixed feelings.




SUDANESE WOMAN

sit and wonder, about  everything life, I try to process the events, I have just read in my mind, some of them are so heart breaking. It makes me wonder, how these things could even be conceived let alone allowed to happen.





THE RELIEVED MOTHER


As an artist, each day I try to replay these events differently in my mind, giving it a face, in order for me to fully understand, or even come to terms with some of these events, that have taken place, and is being brought to our attention daily.



 THE BEREAVED MOTHER.

I have made quite a few of these stories, that you and  I  have read in the papers, in some way, into drawings.



     
     THE AGEING FASHIONISTA

 These drawings, are mixed media, and were made with charcoal and acrylic, on the financial pages of my daily news paper. I did that because finance,  plays a huge part in these events that happen in our lives.





LIFESTYLE.

 I have depicted these events, in a Cartoony and rather Pedestrian way. This is for us all, to comprehend how these events, have truly in some way changed our perception about life. Finally for me its all about re-writing the TIMES with ART. ENJOY



                   
                                         
                                                       

                                         www.artmiabo.com
                                                          Miabo

You May Also Like

0 comments