Wednesday, 8 February 2017

HOW TO BLEND BOOKS AND ART IN A SMALL SPACE BY MIABO ENYADIKE

As an Artist and Interior decorator,I get inspirations from the books I read and collect. These books mostly are biographies,fiction, design,Art and 'How to books'.


I am always on the lookout for books that are relevant to my craft so I am forever collecting.

 The whole collecting of books makes my space crammed but I love my books and I want to share them with friends and guest alike.

 The daunting task was how to create a space that would blend both my books and Art together without it being 'crampy'.

That I was able to achieve for my space when



Recently, I read an article in an  interior decor magazine, about shelves making a comeback.




These book shelves,I read about where really well made and looked more like Art, than shelves.
That was a delight for me. 



Gone are the days when books were arranged in sturdy built, boring looking shelves that didn't add flair to a room,they were



 rather intimidating and daunting just looking at them.



Books these days, are part of home decor accessories, 


 they are stylish to have on coffee tables, as a pile or scattered around cute shelves in a space.



They create a chic space, that says a lot about the style of the individual, inhabiting that space.

 Having said that, this has inspired me to show how,



 I have blended my books and Art in my own space. 


I love books and I am an Artist what can I  say..........  Enjoy.

No comments: