MY ENTANGLED LIFE; ABSTRACT ART; ROPE BOWLS ART BY MIABO ENYADIKE

by - May 18, 2015


After a recent health scare, I was told by my physician,  to take it easy and reduce my workload. 



The Entanglement;  Abstract Art; Rope  plate sculpture; 2015; Miabo Enyadike


I was a bit confused, by my doctor's advice........ hello! what planet is he from.


The Entanglement;  Abstract Art; Rope  plate sculpture; 2015; Miabo Enyadike


I am a fine artist, we are the most laid back people on this planet, free spirited and without barriers. 

We are stuck, in a world we have created, for ourselves outside the existing one we all live in.





The Entanglement;  Abstract Art; Rope  plate sculpture; 2015; Miabo Enyadike


Some of us fine or visual artist, belong to era's long gone and live that way, in present times without a care in the world. 





The Entanglement;  Abstract Art; Rope   bowl sculpture; 2015; Miabo Enyadike


I for one is stuck in the 1980's, I listen to 80's singer,  Evelyn king, 'love come down' and Kool and the Gangs,'get down on it' every day,  it's part of my daily routine, how cool is that!.





The Entanglement;  Abstract Art; Rope  bowl sculpture; 2015; Miabo Enyadike


Having said all that, I knew my doctor, only meant well and just wanted me well rested and less stressed, before my next visit.



The Entanglement;  Abstract Art; Rope  plate sculpture; 2015; Miabo Enyadike

I knew deep down, that he was right because I'd become entangled, in too many activities and have not had a break, in a long while.



The Entanglement;  Abstract Art; Rope  bowl sculpture; 2015; Miabo Enyadike

There is always something new to do,adding to my long list of work, and activities.

Sometimes I wonder, how in heaven's name, I created the time, for some of them that are so exhausting and unnecessary. 





The Entanglement;  Abstract Art; Rope  bowl sculpture; 2015; Miabo Enyadike


I decided to turn this period of rest,to reflect on life and how we get ourselves entangled, in all sorts of activities.  

Good or bad, in anticipation of a result, that reflects the reason we got entangled in the first place.




Installed Entangled bowls' by miabo enyadike

As an Artist, the only way I could answer for myself and take responsibility, to reduce my workload was to translate my rather hectic lifestyle, into art bowls.

 simple steps



                    materials used;
 Rope, plastic bag to cover mould bowl, glue and brush.

I created these bowls, with ropes and plastic bags,with the intention of



The Entanglement;  Abstract Art; Rope  plate sculpture; 2015; Miabo Enyadike


expressing my own interpretation, of how hectic and entangled my life and so many lives, out there have become and sometimes for what..........? Enjoy.




                        Miabo


You May Also Like

0 comments