Saturday, 21 March 2015

MY CARNIVAL FACES; ABSTRACT ART AND BLOG; BY MIABO ENYADIKE

The other day in my studio, I was working on a bunch of bottles.

I was at the final stage and that is spraying the bottles, with gloss or matt can spray paint.






Carnival faces series; Abstract art Illustration; mixed media;miabo enyadike.



I do that normally on the wood surface I work on, but decided otherwise and placed a white paper board, on the wood surface before spraying.




Carnival faces series; Abstract art Illustration; mixed media;miabo enyadike.



That was weird, for me because I am not that organised, I want to get things done and fast already.



Carnival faces series; Abstract art Illustration; mixed media;miabo enyadike.


I started spraying the bottles and noticed that the spray, formed shapes after every bottle sprayed.



Carnival faces series; Abstract art Illustration; mixed media;miabo enyadike.


That created, very colourful abstract geometric shapes of squares and circles.



Carnival faces series; Abstract art Illustration; mixed media;miabo enyadike.

These shapes, came off the bottom of the bottles, that covered the area, the spray fumes did not reach.

I must say, it was an exciting discovery, that I was creating craft, while art was creating itself effortlessly.



Carnival faces series; Abstract art Illustration; mixed media;miabo enyadike.


Since, I had a large number of bottles to spray, I decided to use more white paper board and see how it goes.

The size of the recycled white paperboard I used, is 100,80cm .



Carnival faces series; Abstract art Illustration; mixed media;miabo enyadike.


By the time, I was through with my bottle project, I had three fun looking abstract paintings, in front of me.


I decided that was not enough, I felt it needed something more that would retain the colours and shapes, but have a story to it.



Carnival faces series; Abstract art Illustration; mixed media;miabo enyadike.


I then decided to draw faces expressed in a theatrical way, that remind us of people in carnival costumes. 



Carnival faces series; Abstract art Illustration; mixed media;miabo enyadike.


In a festive mood, with riotous colours of funfair around them.



Carnival faces series; Abstract art Illustration; mixed media;miabo enyadike.


Totally,oblivious of their surroundings, 
just out there to have fun and be made fun off.



Carnival faces series; Abstract art Illustration; mixed media;miabo enyadike.


Enjoying themselves, in who they pretend to  represent........ENJOY


CHECK OUT 
MORE FUN ART
www.artmiabo.com

                    Miabo

No comments: