ART FOR YOUR HOME AND OFFICE

ART FOR YOUR HOME AND OFFICE
15% OFF ALL ART

Tuesday, 7 May 2013

THE YORUBA MAN (MIXED MEDIA ON WOOD) OIL AND ACRYLIC PAINTING.BY MIABO ENYADIKE

           

      Cleaning up a place or a storage is always a daunting  rewarding task, and that was exactly  how my cleaning exercise at my Garage turned Art Studio felt.

 When I had finished the uphill task of cleaning, clearing, repainting the walls all by myself, it indeed opened my eyes to the potential and possibilities, of some of the items I had earmarked as waste.

One such item  was my old work surface, a Simple wooden door placed on a wooden cupboard, used basically for everything art.



USED DOOR

The wear and tear, could be felt each time it was in use. I finally got myself a new work surface, and it Struck me, that this door could actually be transformed into something special and here I was about to discard what could be of more value.

Indeed, that was a light bulb moment! I decided to turn this old door into a surface for a mixed media painting, using acrylic and oil paints on the already disused textured surface.

My subject a Yoruba Man. I felt a huge personal reward,when I finished this painting, one of inspiration and satisfaction, that I had done the right thing!.




VOILA -YORUBA MAN 

Think again, what can you do with some of that junk?. This object was originally a door, and for years became my work table when I



 placed it on an old cupboard in the Garage. It is now one of my most sought after paintings.
I grew up in Lagos, South-west Nigeria and despite it's cosmopolitan nature, remains the bastion of the Yoruba, and the peculiar nature of their dressing, leaves an indelible cultural mark that is distinguishable anywhere, you find someone adorned with the attire, you know immediately, it is a Yoruba man.Enjoy!
www.artmiabo.com

                        MIABO

No comments: